Welcome to the Meat Riot!Farm to Fork Meat Riot Corporation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Gifts, monetary donations, and the fees we charge for our programs are deductible to the full extent allowable under IRS regulations. Our funding supports the education of our global community as well as the education and grant awards for small family farms who wish to learn how to farm GMO free, sustainably and holistically, leaving no trace. Farm to Fork Meat is a member's only Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Each week you can shop for high foraging mob grazed meats, wild caught seafood, heirloom produce, raw cheeses, fresh roasted coffee and much more a la carte. We serve Raleigh, Cary and the surrounding area in NC. Farming Practices: All our livestock are offered high brix pasture and wooded areas with nutrient rich beneficial bacterial soil. The animals are raised in balanced eco systems and the omnivores are offered Soy & GMO FREE feed. Our animals are processed in NCDA or USDA approved processing facilities.
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a way for the food buying public to enter into a relationship with a farm, receiving a share of the harvest. Typically, to become a member (also called shareholder or subscriber) people make a financial commitment for an entire season. This effort represents a formal mechanism for supplying meats that are raised locally, ethically, sustainably, and humanely. In typical meat CSAs, members receive monthly packages containing items such as roasts, ground meat, a few chops or steaks and soup bones. Some farmers may then offer some optional shares of additional items such as sausages & other value added products.
What is a 3rd party, modified CSA?
This type of CSA allows the food buying public to buy items weekly a la carte, selecting items as you would in a grocery store. The difference is that in a typical CSA, members receive an equal portion of all items that is divided as equally and fairly as possible, there are either very limited or no choices in items that are received.
What is the objective of Farm to Fork Meat?
The objective of this CSA program is to educate the community about the myths & truths about what is happening to our public food system and then offer REAL FOOD solutions for those who are interested. We currently have no animal feed standard in our nation and as a result, all our meats (even organic certified) are factory raised and are in a state of acidosis. The small animals are being raised in houses without the 5 Essentials for life which are: clean air, clean water, sunshine, clean soil and correct feed. Large animals are being raised on dirt and incorrect feed (GMO grains or grains at all- they are herbivores) or on malnourished pastures then subsidized with alternate feeds. Without the 5 Essentials, these animals are diseased (stress, kidney & renal failure) and then unable to nourish us. Fortunately in our great nation, we still have the FREEDOM to choose not to participate in this scenerio if we wish to get our food in some other way. We can choose to raise our own livestock and grow all our own food so we can control their wellbeing. We can also choose to support conscious farmers who are raising soy free & GMO free, mob grazed, high foraging, heritage breeds and heirloom varieties of food for our community.
Animals that are less healthy than you are CAN NOT nourish you. If plant based foods such as avocados, coconuts, tree nuts (cashews, pecans, almonds etc.) currently cost between $10-15/lb. then WHY is meat $2 or LESS per pound? I have EVEN found organic meat for $2.99 per pound. These prices vary from market to market- the main point is that your plant based proteins and fats are cheaper than your animals based proteins and fats.
WHAT ARE YOU EATING?
NEVER in history have animals (meats, milk & eggs) been CHEAPER than PLANTS!
Our objective is to advocate for & keep the farmers, ranchers and anglers who work hard to provide these nutrient dense products in business, earning liveable wages while keeping REAL FOOD on our tables! NO FARMS, NO FOOD!
What are the options, costs and benefits of being a member?
- Commit to a $20 annual Membership Fee and a $25 Monthly CSA fee. The Membership fee is due upon sign up and then again every January 1st. This fee pays for our membership with the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund, produce boxes, egg cartons, coolers and new fridges & freezers as needed.
- The Monthly CSA fee of $25 ($6.25 per week) is exclusive of your weekly purchases. This is the money we earn to manage the CSA program. Compare one month's worth of your grocery bills to see that you are already paying $25, often times more, in sales tax when purchasing food every week. Both the Annual Membership Fee and the Monthly CSA Fee are 100% tax deductible under the fullest extent of the IRS laws. All profits from food sales go back to the Farm to Fork Meat Riot Non-Profit Corporation to support our Learning Center to create awareness & educate the consumers about Real Food and to fund small family farms who are farming under the Farm to Fork Meat Riot standards leaving no trace.
- Commit to a minimum $10 weekly purchase. If the $10 minimum purchase amount for the week is not met, you will automatically be billed for a $10 donation towards our cause in its place. You can avoid these $10 donations by placing minimum weekly orders before the week ends. Our week runs from Sunday to Sunday and donations are imposed on Monday. The $10 donation that we auto bill is non-refundable but it is 100% tax deductible.
- Shop a la carte from our weekly offerings
- Receive meat consistently year round, including premium cuts and value-added products (broths & sausages)
- Receive accessibility to special products such as heritage, high foraging pasture raised turkeys, geese and pastured ducks
- Earn first right of refusal on membership renewal every January 1. NOTE- Memberships are LIMITED.
- You can close your account with 2 weeks written notice. Please note that we do not refund fees.
What are some of the menu offerings?
- Micro greens, micro herbs, wheat grass, Seasonal Heirloom Produce: Michelle's Fruits, Moore's Fresh Fruits and Veggies and Big John Farmer's Corn and Strawberries come to us chemical free and beyond organic. Our fruits and veggies are tested several times a month by NCDA for chemical residue and have always tested clean.
- High Foraging Soy & GMO FREE MILK FED Pork
- Mob grazed meats (beef, lamb, veal, goat)
- Value added Mob Grazed meats (seasonal deli cuts, hot dogs, sausages)
- WILD CAUGHT Seafood (Premium 1-3 day trip hook and line/spear/trawl net caught NC seafood)
- High Foraging Soy & GMO FREE chicken, turkey, geese and duck.
- High Foraging Soy & GMO FREE pasture based chicken and duck eggs.
- Mob Grazed rBGH FREE Dairy (heavy cream, yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream and butter)
- Nutrient Dense, GMO & Soy FREE Gluten Free Baked Goods using all our local raw honey, grass fed butter and beyond organic fruits and nuts.
- Locally roasted Direct Relationship Fair Trade Coffees, Teas and Rooibos
- Raw cheeses and grass fed butter
- SigNATURE Suds- Soy & GMO FREE-PETROLEUM FREE soaps, lotions, beauty products, detergents and household cleaners.
- COCONUT - oil, crystals, aminos, vinegar and paleo wraps.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil directly from a farm in Greece that is bottled right here in our NC mountains, Sprouted Nut Butters, Calcium Bentonite Clay and so much more.
How do I order & pay?
Sign up to become a member and order online. The online store is open all week. You can pre-order on line and then pick up at our North Raleigh CSA Distribution center or you can walk in during our regular business hours and shop as you would in any other store. Our members have accounts on file.
How is the meat preserved for pick up each week from the farms?
We are proud to offer meats that are fresh frozen and vacuum sealed the day of processing for day old freshness anytime you open your package. Our seafood is fresh, never frozen. There are no additives such as sulfites or other preservatives added to our meats or seafood.
Are there bye-weeks or breaks for the members?
We are open for at least 2 days every week all year long. When members travel you can go on line and place your minimum $10 order that we will hold for you in the CSA Distribution location until you return.
What did you say about the fees again?
Our food is unadulterated so we do not meet several NCDA, FDA or USDA standards. We do however use USDA and Animal Welfare Butchers/Processors to kill, cut and package all our meats. The poultry is processed on our family farms under NCDA guidelines. We do not have nutrition labels, we do not inject meats with various solutions or wash them in chemicals or use any preservative measures outside of vacuum seals and electrification in the form of freezing. Our eggs are dirty and ungraded, we do not wash them in bleach as required under USDA standards so as a consumer, you need to be made aware of these things and then make a conscious decision to participate or not.
Our fees serve as a protection for us and all the small farm families who produce REAL FOOD that is unadulterated for our member families. When you pay your fees you agree that you are actively seeking these macronutrients rich in micronutrients. This food is not found ANYWHERE in the general market place. You can grow and raise your own food to this level but you cannot BUY it anywhere. Since my husband & I had no plans to start farming, we needed to support, advocate for and create a market for the farmers who could nourish our family. Because NATURE IS GOOD ENOUGH, our bounty is great and our family of 5 couldn't consume it all so I had to find families to help share the bounty. That is how Farm to Fork Meat was born and why it exists.
For these and many other reasons we are a PRIVATE FOOD SYSTEM and a 501c3 non-profit corporation. Consumers who wish to participate must enlist in the membership and accept and agree to these private terms by paying the fees which are 100% tax deductible under the fullest extent of the IRS laws.
Our food is all seasonal (YES MEATS HAVE SEASONS just like veggies which we ALSO offer!) and we have some strange buying rules to keep the movement sustainable, but other than those few quirks, you have access to the most nutrient dense foods available in NC unless you raise your own livestock and can control their feed and in turn their health.
What are the basic CSA rules and common courtesies for conscious consumption?
Dealing with meat is challenging. There are only a handful of meat CSAs in the whole country and we are the only a la carte meat CSA which offers Soy & GMO Free pasture based meats that also offers fresh line caught seafood, pasture raised local dairy, fresh baked nutrient dense gluten free breads, micro greens year round and seasonal produce. Most of the other ones are only beef (or beef and lamb), giving each member around 30 pounds of meat once a quarter or a half, whole or quarter animal all at one time and the consumer does not choose which cuts they get.
We ask you to be conscious when purchasing beef and pork prime cuts and try to keep a balance by also purchasing ground beef in bulk or patties and pork sausages in equal portions of the prime cuts. This does not have to happen at the same time, however if you know you enjoy steaks, please think about using equal packs of ground beef to help our CSA consume the entire animal sustainably. The same goes for pork sausages. If you enjoy pork chops, pork steaks and pork loins, please think about consuming equal packages of pork sausages also to help consume the entire animal, not just the prime cuts. We appreciate your consciousness in this effort.
Should I join this CSA?If you are interested in sourcing soy & GMO Free nutrient dense groceries for your family and you cook regularly every week, this CSA program is for you. If you are interested in supplementing clean meats for your household while shopping at a regular grocery store, you may find this program will not allow you to manage your budget. If you have already made a lifestyle change or are interested in changing your lifestyle to one where you are cooking using fresh farm ingredients, this CSA is for you.
I do not suggest vegetarians join because I find that they tend to resent my program after a while because our produce is seasonal and my CSA requires you to make a minimum $10 weekly purchase. I also find that most vegetarians do not consume that many vegetables, they primarily consume grains and dairy. If you consume a half bushel box or more of vegetables each week- this CSA is for you!
If you are vegan this program is not for you. Veganism is not a natural human diet and it results in muscular degeneration, disease and sterility. We do not support veganism in any capacity however we have several recovering vegans in the CSA whom are getting their health back. For assistance in remediating your health after veganism, please feel free to come and speak with us.
If you want to support your local economy and boost your health by strengthening your immune system while eating soy & GMO Free nutrient dense mob grazed and high foraging meats, rare sustainably wild caught seafood, heirloom seasonal fruits & veggies and mob grazed and rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone) FREE dairy products available to manage optimal health, THIS CSA IS FOR YOU!
As much as we are an advocate for YOU and clean food, first and foremost we are advocates for the FARMERS.
Because without them, there is no food!