Welcome to the Meat Riot!Farm to Fork Meat Riot Corporation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Gifts, monetary donations, and the fees we charge for our programs are deductible to the full extent allowable under IRS regulations. Our funding supports the education of our global community as well as the education and grant awards for small family farms who wish to learn how to farm GMO free, sustainably and holistically, leaving no trace. Farm to Fork Meat is a member's only Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Each week you can shop for high foraging mob grazed meats, wild caught seafood, heirloom produce, raw cheeses, fresh roasted coffee and much more a la carte. We serve Raleigh, Cary and the surrounding area in NC. Farming Practices: All our livestock are offered high brix pasture and wooded areas with nutrient rich beneficial bacterial soil. The animals are raised in balanced eco systems and the omnivores are offered Soy & GMO FREE feed. Our animals are processed in NCDA or USDA approved processing facilities.
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a way for the food buying public to enter into a relationship with a farm, receiving a share of the harvest. Typically, to become a member (also called shareholder or subscriber) people make a financial commitment for an entire season. This effort represents a formal mechanism for supplying meats that are raised locally, ethically, sustainably, and humanely. In typical meat CSAs, members receive monthly packages containing items such as roasts, ground meat, a few chops or steaks and soup bones. Some farmers may then offer some optional shares of additional items such as sausages & other value added products.
What is a 3rd party, modified CSA?
This type of CSA allows the food buying public to buy items weekly a la carte, selecting items as you would in a grocery store. The difference is that in a typical CSA, members receive an equal portion of all items that is divided as equally and fairly as possible, there are either very limited or no choices in items that are received.
What is the objective of Farm to Fork Meat?
The objective of this CSA program is to offer Soy & GMO FREE, mob grazed, high foraging, heritage breeds and heirloom varieties of food all year round to the community from within their hunting range as conveniently as possible. Our goal is to do this while keeping the farmers, ranchers and anglers who work hard to provide these nutrient dense products in business while keeping REAL FOOD on our tables! NO FARMS, NO FOOD!
What are the options, costs and benefits of being a member?
- Commit to a $20 annual Membership Fee and a $25 Monthly CSA fee. The Membership fee is due upon sign up and then again every January 1st. This fee pays for our membership with the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund, produce boxes, egg cartons, coolers and new fridges & freezers as needed.
- The Monthly CSA fee of $25 ($6.25 per week) is exclusive of your weekly purchases. This is the money we earn to manage the CSA program. If you save one month's worth of your grocery bills to review you will see that you are already paying this amount of money (often you are paying even more) in sales tax when purchasing food every week. All profits go back to the Farm to Fork Meat Riot Non-Profit Corporation to support our Learning Center to educate the community about Real Food and to fund small family farms who are farming under the Farm to Fork Meat Riot standards leaving no trace.
- Commit to a minimum $10 weekly purchase. If the $10 minimum purchase amount for the week is not met, you will be charged a $10 fine in its place. You can avoid fines by placing minimum weekly orders before the week ends. Our week runs from Sunday to Sunday and fines are imposed on Monday.
- Shop a la carte from our weekly offerings
- Receive meat consistently year round, including premium cuts and value-added products (broths & sausages)
- Receive accessibility to special products such as heritage, high foraging pasture raised turkeys, geese and pastured ducks
- Earn first right of refusal on membership renewal every January 1. NOTE- Memberships are LIMITED.
- You can close your account with 2 weeks written notice. Please note that we do not refund fees.
What are some of the menu offerings?
- Micro greens, micro herbs, wheat grass, Seasonal Heirloom Produce: Michelle's Fruits, Moore's Fresh Fruits and Veggies and Big John Farmer's Corn and Strawberries come to us chemical free and beyond organic. Our fruits and veggies are tested several times a month by NCDA for chemical residue and have always tested clean.
- High Foraging Soy & GMO FREE MILK FED Pork
- Mob grazed meats (beef, lamb, veal, goat)
- Value added Mob Grazed meats (seasonal deli cuts, hot dogs, sausages)
- WILD CAUGHT Seafood (Premium 1-3 day trip hook and line/spear/trawl net caught NC seafood)
- High Foraging Soy & GMO FREE chicken, turkey, geese and duck.
- High Foraging Soy & GMO FREE pasture based chicken and duck eggs.
- Mob Grazed rBGH FREE Dairy (heavy cream, yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream and butter)
- Nutrient Dense, GMO & Soy FREE Gluten Free Baked Goods using all our local raw honey, grass fed butter and beyond organic fruits and nuts.
- Locally roasted Direct Relationship Fair Trade Coffees, Teas and Rooibos
- Raw cheeses and grass fed butter
- SigNATURE Suds- Soy & GMO FREE-PETROLEUM FREE soaps, lotions, beauty products, detergents and household cleaners.
- COCONUT - oil, crystals, aminos, vinegar and paleo wraps.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil directly from a farm in Greece that is bottled right here in our NC mountains, Sprouted Nut Butters, Calcium Bentonite Clay and so much more.
How do I order & pay?
Sign up to become a member and order online. The online store is open all week. You can pre-order on line and then pick up at our North Raleigh CSA Distribution center or you can walk in during our regular business hours and shop as you would in any other store. Our members have accounts on file.
How is the meat preserved for pick up each week from the farms?
We are proud to offer meats that are fresh frozen and vacuum sealed the day of processing for day old freshness anytime you open your package. Our seafood is fresh, never frozen. There are no additives such as sulfites or other preservatives added to our meats or seafood.
Are there bye-weeks or breaks for the members?
We are open for at least 2 days every week all year long. When members travel you can go on line and place your minimum $10 order that we will hold for you in the CSA Distribution location until you return.
What are the basic CSA rules and common courtesies for conscious consumption?
Dealing with meat is challenging. There are only a handful of meat CSAs in the whole country and we are the only a la carte meat CSA which offers Soy & GMO Free pasture based meats that also offers fresh line caught seafood, pasture raised local dairy, fresh baked nutrient dense gluten free breads, micro greens year round and seasonal produce. Most of the other ones are only beef (or beef and lamb), giving each member around 30 pounds of meat once a quarter or a half, whole or quarter animal all at one time and the consumer does not choose which cuts they get.
We ask you to be conscious when purchasing beef and pork prime cuts and try to keep a balance by also purchasing ground beef in bulk or patties and pork sausages in equal portions of the prime cuts. This does not have to happen at the same time, however if you know you enjoy steaks, please think about using equal packs of ground beef to help our CSA consume the entire animal sustainably. The same goes for pork sausages. If you enjoy pork chops, pork steaks and pork loins, please think about consuming equal packages of pork sausages also to help consume the entire animal, not just the prime cuts. We appreciate your consciousness in this effort.
Should I join this CSA?If you are interested in sourcing soy & GMO Free nutrient dense groceries for your family and you cook regularly every week, this CSA program is for you. If you are interested in supplementing clean meats for your household while shopping at a regular grocery store, you may find this program will not allow you to manage your budget. If you have already made a lifestyle change or are interested in changing your lifestyle to one where you are cooking using fresh farm ingredients, this CSA is for you. I do not suggest vegetarians join because I find that they tend to resent my program after a while because our produce is seasonal and my CSA requires you to make a minimum $10 weekly purchase. I also find that most vegetarians do not consume that many vegetables, they primarily consume grains and dairy. If you consume a half bushel box or more of vegetables each week- this CSA is for you! If you are vegan this program is not for you. Veganism is not a natural human diet and it results in muscular degeneration, disease and sterility. If you want to support your local economy and boost your health by strengthening your immune system while eating soy & GMO Free nutrient dense mob grazed and high foraging meats, rare sustainably wild caught seafood, heirloom seasonal fruits & veggies and mob grazed and rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone) FREE dairy products available to manage optimal health, THIS CSA IS FOR YOU!